2015年3月11日 星期三

Book review about SIMPKIN

410309036

Book: SIMPKIN
Writer: Quentin Blake







Summary:

This book is talking about a little boy who named SIMPKIN with blond hair. In this book, described a little boy, SIMPKIN, his daily life. Sometimes he is kind and sometimes he is naughty; sometimes he is fast and sometimes he is slow; Sometimes he is fat and sometimes he is thin. He is just like a sweet baby that in every family, sometimes he is a cute angel and sometimes he is a terribly naughty child. He is just like a normal child in every family. But the difference is, he always has the opposite actions or condition.

Reflection:

I seldom read children's books in my childhood; my impression of children’s books was boring and stodgy and I did not think that it’s helpful for me. When I saw some parents bought their children children’s book, I thought that was weird and could not make out what they were thinking. This time our English teacher gives us a chance to read children’s books and when I read this book, I assume that it’s really an interesting book and when I read this book, SIMPKIN, I assume that it’s really an interesting book. First, the writer used the opposite adjective and described SIMPKIN’s every movement and every action clearly. Second, the writer used the skill of rhyme and special line to make the screen more vivid. I recommend this book for parents read with their children and for English teaching.

6 則留言:

  1. I think children's book can always excite children's imagination and they can know more vocabulary from these books.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. yes, I agree it. Vocabulary can make them learn more.

      刪除
  2. After reading your essay, i will like to read this book too. Because you make me fell this book is very suitable for any one.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. think you ! this book is suit for all children and adults.

      刪除
  3. I thought it is really too old for us to read the book. However, we can imagine what the author wanted to tell us. Children's books are fulling with imagination. Thus, we can give our own thoughts to it.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. yes , I totally agree it. But although we are too far from children, we still can get something important from this book.

      刪除